An intensive 5 Day (37.5) course designed to allow someone with little or no experience to learn Advanced Guitar Wiring.
This Course includes the following:
- the basics of guitar electronics and wiring that you would need to build and modify your guitars.
- the basic theory of wiring and soldering and component selection.
- wiring of pickup configurations with single coil, humbucker, and P90's as well as how to wire various common looms.
- You will cover 3-way and 5-way switch wiring, push-pull and switches including super/ mega switches.
- Kill switch wiring, blower switch, and treble bleed circuits.
- Advanced wiring such as sustainer, and piezo.
- You will also build a varitone circuit to take away.
* Pickups for this course, can be ordered through Crimson Guitars at a discounted rate.
This 5 Day Course entails 7.5 hours a day with breaks. with coffee/tea and lunch breaks. Your day will begin at 9 am and end at 6 pm. You are welcome to arrive 15 minutes before the day starts, but we cannot let students into the workshop before 8:45 due to health and safety reasons.
Our experienced Team will guide you every step and you will learn the myriad of skills that go into Guitar Electronics. By the end of your time at Crimson you will leave with a solid foundation on which to continue your journey into the art of guitar building and electronics.
As a student, you will be eligible for an on-course tool discount. This discount will be redeemable against Crimson Guitars Tools and The Vintage Tool Shop. If you wish to use this discount before your course, please contact Rikki (email@example.com) and we will ensure your new tools are ready and waiting for you on your bench.
We run courses throughout the year. Please contact our Team for more information about available dates and to schedule your Free Course Consultation. One of our Luthiers will get in touch to discuss the specifications for your dream build, so that we can make sure that you will get the most out of your course.
Unlike many "schools", all our teachers have extensive experience working in Crimson Guitars busy Custom Guitar Building and Repair Studio under Master Luthier Ben Crowe.
While there are local shops and pubs within a 10-minute drive of Crimson Guitars, we recommend our students bring a packed lunch.
With our studio based in the picturesque rolling fields of Dorset, close to the town of Dorchester, take this opportunity to combine a unique experience with a refreshing holiday.
Should you require Accommodation during your course we have a dedicated booking agent who, for a small fee, will be able to help you.
Please get in touch for more information and to let us know how we can help you be the best Guitar Maker you can be.
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos on how to get the most out of your Crimson Guitars precision hand tools as well as a myriad of guitar-building tutorials and demo videos.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.